Every time you need to make a decision, you are adding some stress to your life.
Even the smallest decisions create micro stressors.
The more decisions you have to make, the more micro stressors you put on yourself.
They build and build and then…
The solution? Routine.
And it’s not just me who thinks this. Researchers at Tel Aviv University showed that predictable, repetitive routines are calming and help reduce anxiety.
Here are (a further) 17 reasons why you should have routines.
1. Makes you more efficient
2. Reduces procrastination
3. Creates structure in your life
4. Saves time, your most valuable resource
5. Creates good habits
6. Breaks bad habits
7. Helps you become more capable
8. Focuses your mind on your most important tasks
9. Builds momentum
10. Lessens your need for determination and willpower
11. Creates structure in your life
12. Helps with prioritisation by thinking ahead
13. Increases self-confidence
14. Saves you money (whoop whoop)
15. Keeps track of your successes
16. Helps you achieve your goals
17. Reduces stress and facilitates relaxation
What else? What are your routine tips?
We’ll send a copy of my book How To Save An Hour Every Day to our favourite. Please post your ideas and thoughts below.